Why study earth science education at Missouri State?
- There is a high demand for effective, inspiring high school teachers of the earth sciences.
- Our program gives you the knowledge and expertise you need to begin your career in teaching.
- You will learn from professors who are on the cutting edge of research in the earth sciences, allowing you to benefit from their research and teaching experience.
- We offer a unified science option for students who are seeking qualification in teaching earth science as well as biology, chemistry and physics at the high school level.
- If you are interested in a master’s degree in earth science education, our undergraduate program allows you to complete your master’s with only one additional year of study.
Completing your degree in categorical science will prepare you to teach the more advanced, upper-level Earth science courses in a high school setting.
Completing your degree in unified science prepares you to teach introductory level courses in biology, chemistry, earth science and physics and to teach advanced courses in earth science at the secondary level.