Why study geology at Missouri State?
- You will be a part of the largest geology program in the state, giving you access to a diverse range of research, field experiences and internships you cannot get elsewhere.
- Geology is an exciting field of study with plenty of career opportunities in areas such as environmental engineering, energy, resource conservation and more.
- You will learn geology in the Ozarks, a region with unique geological features such as caves, rivers and mountains.
- Because our geography and geology programs are part of the same department, you will gain a bigger picture of how the two are related, a perspective valuable to future employers.
Gain hands-on experience in the field
Our geology program integrates field trips with classroom learning to give you the hands-on experience you need to succeed. These opportunities develop your technical skills using measuring instruments and laboratory equipment.
Recent destinations include:
- St. Francois Mountains of southeast Missouri
- Ouchita Mountains of central Arkansas
- Death Valley, California
- Oil fields of the San Joaquin Basin
- The carbonate deposits of the Florida Keys
- Colorado Plateau