Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the geospatial sciences graduate program
- Students will be able to apply ethical principles within the fields of the geosciences.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the core graduate level theoretical knowledge in the geosciences and the impact of the geosciences on society.
- Students will design and conduct an independent project demonstrating the basic skills of the geospatial sciences, including data acquisition.
- Students will demonstrate written and oral communication skills according to the standards of the discipline.
- Students will design and conduct independent research work, including data synthesis, and problem solving.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of numerical methods used to model or analyze issues of the discipline.