Student speaking with professor in class.

How do you get a departmental advisor?

Declare your major in one of our undergraduate programs. Then, we’ll assign you an advisor.

Your advisor will have knowledge in your interest areas.

Need help finding an advisor? 

Contact us, our office is in Temple Hall 354.

Forgot who your assigned advisor is?

Access your advisor's information through the Student tab on My Missouri State.

Meet for class registration

Until you have completed 75 hours, you must meet with your advisor each semester to receive release for class registration.

Afterward, you should meet with your advisor at least once each semester until you graduate.

Want to add a certificate to your program, change your GGP major or minor?

Visit the CNAS Student Success Center in Temple 147.

Dylan Earnshaw can assist with adding certificates to your program or assisting you with other questions you may have to complete your program.

Graduate advising

Dr. Gary Michelfelder is the graduate student advisor for the department. However, you may be assigned an additional member of the graduate faculty who will act as your mentor and consultant for your specific area of study in completing your degree or program.

Complete your Plan of Study Form and meet with your advisor once a semester to receive approval for registering.

Person item component: garymichelfelder
Loading Profile. . .